Urine Test Strips Protein Glucose 2 parameters 100 sticks 100 Strips to screen glucose and protein levels in urine packed in airtight bottle and box protection with silica. good till opened, Fresh Stock, Expiry date: 1-2years Please read the user instructions properly before using this product to get proper results, not doing as per instructions will result in wrong reports.
- Check the expiry date on the bottom of the
- Use fresh urine not older than four Mix well before testing, do not centrifuge.
- Remove a test strip from the container and REPLACE THE CAP IMMEDIATELY
- Brieﬂy (no longer than one second) dip the entire test strip into the urine and remove
- Blot one edge of the test strip on the absorbent tissue to remove excess
Reading time for specific parameters are very much important for best results. Read Glucose at 30 seconds after dipping. For Protein time is not critical, it may be read immediately or any time up to 1 minute after dipping.
PROTEIN (ALBUMIN) :
The test incorporates a pH indicator which changes colour in the presence of protein. Any green colour that develops is due to the presence of protein in the urine. The test is highly sensitive for albumin, and less sensitive to hemoglobin, globulin, and mucoprotein. Normal urine of high specific gravity may cause higher than normal readings, as well highly buﬀered urine, alkaline urine (pH>9), and urine containing residues of chlorhexidine or quartenary ammonium compounds.
• Sensitivity : 10 mg/dl albumin
• Active reagent : Tetrabromophenol blue (1% w/w)
A double sequential enzymatic reaction, involving glucose oxidase and peroxidase in the presence of an indicator is responsible for the colour change. Ketones or other metabolic substances should not produce false positive as the test is highly specific for glucose. Sensitivity may decrease with urine of high specific gravity (>1.030) and with ascorbic acid concentrations of > 1.4 mml/l.
• Sensitivity : 2.0 mmol/l glucose
• Active reagents : Glucose oxidase (100 U/ml), peroxidase (100 U/ml)
IMPORTANT NOTES :
1. As with similar urine tests, this product is adversely aﬀected by light and humidity. Exposure to these factors will decrease both shelf life and accuracy. Therefore the container must at all time be promptly and tightly closed with the desiccant filled cap to prevent premature reaction and damage to the test strips.
2. After dipping the test strip into a urine sample, blot the one side of the test strip on absorbent paper or tissue. This prevents running of reagents and dyes between test patches and ensures optimal performance.
3. In general, therapy should not be initiated based on the findings of a single result but rather in conjunction with a proper clinical assessment.
4. The product is intended for in vitro diagnostic use, and should not be used to analyze body ﬂuids other than urine. Keep out of reach of children
There are no reviews yet.