Yellow micro pipette tips designed for 2-200 uL pipettes are commonly used in laboratories for precise liquid handling. These tips are color-coded for easy identification and are typically made from high-quality, autoclavable materials to ensure accuracy and cleanliness in various scientific and research applications.
Here are some key features and uses of these yellow micro pipette tips:
- Volume Range: These tips are compatible with pipettes that have a volume range of 2-200 microliters (uL). They allow researchers to accurately dispense small liquid volumes, making them suitable for tasks like PCR, qPCR, DNA sequencing, and sample preparation.
- Color-Coding: The yellow color-coding helps users quickly identify the appropriate tip size for their pipette, reducing the risk of using the wrong tip size.
- Material: They are typically made from high-quality, medical-grade polypropylene, which is resistant to chemicals and can be autoclaved for sterilization. This ensures that the tips do not interfere with the accuracy and integrity of the samples being handled.
- Universal Fit: Yellow micro pipette tips are designed to have a universal fit with a wide range of pipette brands and models, ensuring compatibility and ease of use in different laboratories.
- Graduations: Many pipette tips have graduations or markings on the sides to help users visually confirm the liquid volume being aspirated or dispensed.
- Low Retention: Some high-quality tips are designed to have low retention properties, which means they minimize the amount of liquid left in the tip after dispensing. This helps in accurate and efficient liquid transfer.
- Sterile Options: Depending on the specific application, sterile versions of these tips may be available to prevent contamination of sensitive samples.
- Disposable: In most cases, these tips are disposable, which helps prevent cross-contamination between samples and eliminates the need for extensive cleaning and sterilization.
- Research Applications: These tips are commonly used in various research areas, including molecular biology, cell culture, microbiology, and analytical chemistry, where precise liquid handling is essential.
When working with these yellow micro pipette tips, it’s important to follow proper pipetting techniques to ensure accurate and reproducible results in your experiments. Additionally, always check the compatibility of the tips with your specific pipette model to ensure a secure fit and reliable performance.